In this post, we will develop a simple logic to check whether an integer is even or odd number. Any number( positive/negative ) which is divisible by number 2 is declared as an even number and numbers( positive/negative ) which are not divisible by number 2 are declared as odd numbers.
Even or Odd – Code Visualization
To check an integer is an even number or odd number.
- Read an input integer using
- When input is divided by 2 and leaves a remainder 0, it is said to be EVEN number.
- When input is divided by 2 and leaves any remainder other than 0, it is said to be ODD number.
- When input is 0 it is said to be even.
- The same conditions apply to negative integers too.
Video Demonstration :
input_num = int(input('Enter any number: '))
if input_num % 2 == 0:
print(input_num, "is EVEN")
print(input_num, "is ODD")
- Test Case 1 : Positive even number
- Test Case 2 : Positive odd number
- Test Case 3 : Negative even number
- Test Case 4 : Negative odd number
- Test Case 5 : Zero