Hello every one, welcome back ! Here we will learn a simple python logic to reverse a number.
Here we read a number from user and reverse that number using some arithmetic operations like mod (%) and floor division (//) to find each digit and build the reverse of it.
We can also do this in a efficient way by using slice operations, reversing a number using slice is discussed in previous post.
Reverse a number – Code Visualization
To reverse a given integer number.
- Read an input number using
- Check whether the value entered is integer or not.
- Check integer is greater than 0
- Initialise a variable named
remainderof the input number by using mod (%) operator
- Now multiply
reversewith 10 and add
- Floor Divide input number with 10
- At some point input number will become 0
- Repeat steps 5, 6, 7 until input number is not greater than zero
- Print the variable
input_num = (input("Enter any Number: "))
reverse = 0
val = int(input_num)
while val > 0:
reminder = val % 10
reverse = (reverse * 10) + reminder
val //= 10
print('Reverse of entered number is : ', reverse)
print("That's not a valid number, Try Again !")